Inside: Engaging, educational, and FREE printable PDF lyrics and activities to go along with Spanish nursery rhyme “Los pollitos dicen.” These free printable Spanish activities are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and beginner Spanish learners of all ages!
I am so excited to share these FREE printable activities that go along with one of Lennox’s favorite nursery rhymes: Los pollitos dicen.
This nursery rhyme in Spanish is such a catchy tune, you will find yourself singing it all day long, and that’s the point, right?
Repetitive words and rhymes is one of the best ways that children learn a language.
In her article, “Spanish Syllable Segmentation in Bilingual Reading”, Barbara Mascarano from Spanish4kiddos says the following about the benefits of nursery rhymes for bilingual children:
- “Aside from literacy integration, nursery rhymes develop new ways to learn words and phrases.”
- “Similarly, using nursery rhymes with other activities boost language skills and memorization in young children.”
That’s why today, I am sharing a set of free flashcards with essential vocabulary in the nursery rhyme Los pollitos dicen, as well as five free printable lyrics and coloring pages to engage your children’s knowledge of the nursery rhyme.
My son Lennox loved these free printable lyrics and activities, which is a first because he usually gets frustrated when I test some of my letter printable activities or seasonal activities in Spanish with him! He’s too busy to slow down for printables—#boys.
With that said, I hope you and your child or student enjoy these activities! Keep reading below for ways to use these flashcards and activities, as well as how to receive your free Los pollitos dicen printable activities now!
Other posts you might enjoy:
- 18 Easter Picture Books in Spanish for Children
- 12 Easter YouTube Videos in Spanish Your Children Will Love
- 20 Free Printable Spring Vocabulary Flashcards in Spanish
*This site may contain affiliate links. To real the full disclosure, click here.
What comes in the free printable “Los pollitos dicen” Spanish Nursery Rhyme kit?
In the Los pollitos dicen Spanish Nursery Rhyme kit you will receive 10 Flashcards with important vocabulary in the nursery rhyme. Below is a list of the 10 words that come on these flashcards.
- Tener hambre | To be hungry
- Tener frío | To be cold
- El pollito | Chick
- La gallina | Hen
- El maíz | corn
- El trigo | Wheat
- Acurrucadito | Snug
- Las alas | wings
- La lombriz | Earthworm
- Dormir | To sleep
Ways to use the “Los pollitos dicen” nursery rhyme flashcards.
- First, familiarize your child with the vocabulary using the free printable flashcards. Below are some fun ways you can use the flashcards:
- One of my favorite activities is to print off two sets and use them as a memory game. This is great for younger children to practice language and memorization skills as they can relate the word to the image. Make sure every time you flip over a card, you say the name of what’s on it!
- Another fun activity is sorting. These spring flashcards you could sort by animals/insects, weather, and clothing objects/ accessories.
- You could also play a fun game by having your child stand on the opposite side of the room as you, or even better outside. Shuffle the flashcards, then lift a flashcard up and show your child. If they guess it right, they can take a step or hop forward! If they mess up, a step backward! Will they make it to where you are?
- You could play a bilingual game, and say the version in English and your child repeat it in Spanish and vice versa.
- You could place the flashcards face up on a table. Say a word on the list and see how fast your child can recognize the word.
- Play Slapjack by placing all of the flashcards face down on a table. Say a word on the list and have them flip the cards over until they find the correct card.
- Lastly, you could cut the cards in half and use them as puzzles by having your child match the words and images with their correct halves.
2. Listen to the “Los pollitos dicen” YouTube videos.
Below are four high-quality YouTube videos that sing Los pollitos dicen.
Let your child listen and learn the melody and lyrics. Listening to repetitive words, especially words that rhyme, is so helpful when learning a second language!
Next, you can use the “los pollitos dicen” flashcards along with the YouTube videos in the following ways:
- When listening to a YouTube video, ask your child to hold up a specific flashcard whenever they hear the word in the song! Doing this will familiarize your child with the orthography of the word, as well as the pronunciation.
- Once they get the hang of using one flashcard, throw in two, or maybe three!
- Then, you can ask them to order the flashcards by the order they appear in the song!
This activity will be a fun way to learn Spanish and prepare your child to read and write as well!
Below are four “los pollitos dicen” YouTube videos:
3. Use the “Los pollitos dicen” flashcards by reading a book!
Another way you can use the flashcards is by reading a book. Below are four selections of the nursery rhyme “Los pollitos dicen” available on Amazon.
Read the book to your child a couple of times. Rereading the book several will not only encourage your children to enjoy reading, but the repetition is so helpful in language acquisition!
Then let your child or student read the book and see if they can find the words on the flashcards throughout the book!
Below you can find four selections of the “Los pollitos dicen” nursery rhyme in book format.
4. Use the “Los pollitos dicen” flashcards to prepare for the five FREE printable activity worksheets that go along with the “Los pollitos dicen” nursery rhyme.
Lastly, I have prepared 5 fun-filled pages on the traditional nursery rhyme “Los pollitos dicen” that not only serve as coloring pages, but each page has a sentence of the song with a blank space where your child can figure out how to finish the sentence. Check out a preview of them below!
How to get your free “Los pollitos dicen” printable activities?
If you are already a subscriber, these free activities will shortly make their way to your inbox.
If you are new to Lorena & Lennox, Bilingual Beginnings, or have been shy to subscribe, you can do so at the end of this post. Not only will you receive exclusive access to these “Los pollitos dicen” nursery rhyme printables in Spanish, but other seasonal and holiday-related activities in Spanish for preschoolers.
If you do not wish to subscribe— I understand. My inbox gets jammed as well— you can purchase these printables for a small charge at my TPT site here. Either way, you are helping to support this blog!!!
Let me know in the comments below what you think about these printables. If they are a success, I plan on expanding to create more themes such as animals, shapes, colors and more.
My son Lennox, who is not usually impressed with my letter printables, absolutely adored doing these Los pollitos dicen printable activities. Since he is already familiar with the song, he enjoyed being able to fill in the blanks confidently! I hope your child will enjoy it just as much!
This is my first time creating printable activities centered around a nursery rhyme, so I want to know if you and your child enjoy these activities in the comments below.
Also, if you REALLY love them, upload them to your Instagram or Facebook and tag @lorenaylennox!