38 fun-filled autumn leaf activities to get your toddlers and preschoolers outdoors this fall!
We love being outdoors, especially during the fall. All of the vibrant colors, falling leaves, and crisp air bring some serenity to the soul!
I am excited to get them laminated and use as identification references for future nature walks.
We had so much fun doing our leaf activities that I reached out to other kid bloggers for some inspirational leaf activities, and I was overwhelmed by the number of responses in such a short time.
I am incredibly excited to try out some of these autumn leaf activities myself! But, in the meantime, I want to share these 28 autumn leaf activities with you too. That way, you and your kiddos will get in the fall spirit, and most importantly, get outdoors!
Have lots of fall fun!
More fall posts you might enjoy:
*This site may contain affiliate links. To real the full disclosure, click here.
Autumn Leaf Activities Using Actual Leaves
An educational, sensory, and fine motor leaf imprint activity for toddlers and preschoolers to get your kiddos outdoors and in touch with nature this fall!
2. Have your child explore with art on leaves by making these adorable leaf faces led by Red Ted Art.
3. Make some fun leaf animals with Emma Owl
4. Combine leaves with household objects to make these adorable Fall Leaf Finger Puppets with Crafts by Amanda.
5. Help your children make an adorable fall leaf peg doll with In the Playroom. It’s not only fun to make, but your child can play with it afterward!
6. Collect fall leaves and create decorative pressed leaf art with The Craft Train.
7. Make some Beeswax Dipped Leaves with your collection of fall leaves with The Art Kit Blog
8. Sort some leaves with Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds.
9. Get crafty and make some air drying clay decorations with The Gingerbread House
10. Leaf story art
This is a great preschooler leaf activity or a nature craft idea that supports early reading and writing. With Thimble & Twig
11. Learn about preserving leaves with Red Ted Art
12. Use markers to make leaf imprints with 123 Homeschool 4Me
13. Learn all about creating a fall nature leaf journal with Only Passionate Curiosity
14. Make an autumn butterfly out of leaves with Crafts on Sea
Related: Fall activities for preschoolers
15. Create a leaf mason jar lantern decoration for your house with Mama Smiles
with Artsy Craftsy Mom
Related: Outdoor Loose Parts Play
17. Make a leaf investigation table with Learn with Play at Home
18. Use tempera paint to paint some leaves with Simple Fun for Kids
19. Create a Garden Leaf Collage with In the Playroom
20. Make some open-ended nature leaf art with Mama Smiles
21. Try this fun fine motor fall leaf garland craft with Look We’re Learning
22. Build a fall tree with real leaves with Fab Working Mom Life
23. Have some chalk fun by doing a leaf rubbing STEAM activity with Our Family Code
24. Fall Leaf and Flower Crowns with Niños and Nature
25. Practice symmetry and make Mandala leaf art
with The Craft Train
More Leaf Crafts
26. Pin the leaves fine motor leaf activity with Bilingual Beginnings
27. Simple to set up salt leaf painting activity with Little Bins For Little Hands
28. A fine motor scrunched tissue paper autumn leaf with In The Playroom
29. Fall Wreath Paper Plate Craft Activity with Active Littles
30. Fall leaves do-a-dot printables with Fluffy Tots
Related: Fall printables in Spanish
31. Fall leaf suncatchers with Crafts on Sea
32. Raking leaves pretend play with Happy Brown House
33. Tape Resist Leaf Painting with About a Mom
With Mom Wife Busy Life
36. Newspaper Leaf Garland with Red Ted Art
37. Roll A Leaf! Leaf Matching File Folder Game with Look! We’re Learning
38. Fall Leaf Alphabet matching with Little Lad
I hope you found the perfect activity! Happy fall, friends!