Inside this post: 13 bilingual color flash cards printable in Spanish and English to practice the basic colors with your preschooler or beginner Spanish learner today.
If you are a Spanish teacher or a homeschooling mama looking for the perfect resource to teach young children the colors, these free flashcards in Spanish and English might be right up your alley!
Use these activities in a fun way and engaging way and in no time, your little learners will know all the colors in Spanish with these free printable flashcards.
Keep reading to the bottom of the post to learn fun ways to use these printable colors flashcards to get your students learning the colors.
This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you. You can read more about it here.
What Bilingual English and Spanish Words Come in These Flashcards
In this printable flash cards PDF file you will receive 13 Bilingual Spanish <> English Color Flashcards in Spanish.
Here are the basic color English and Spanish vocabulary terms on the flashcards:
Materials needed for these free printable color flashcards
Let’s do a quick run through of everything you are going to need for this set of flashcards.
First, you need to do is get your free download which you can grab in my Free Spanish Printable Library after subscribing with your email address further down in this post.
Here are the materials you will need for this fun activity:
- 8.5 x 11 printer paper or heavy card stock paper.
- A printer
- Laminator and laminating sheets to laminate them for multi-use.
Sharing is caring! Pin me!
WAYS TO USE THESE COLOR FLASH CARDS PRINTABLE
There are a lot of fun and easy learning ways to use these colors flashcards to work on learning the colors vocabulary in the classroom or in your preschool homeschool curriculum. Let’s check out some of these fun learning activities.
Use these fun activities as classroom games to make learning the colors fun!
- Create a print-rich environment by placing these around the house. Add adhesive magnets to the back of the laminated flashcards and hang them on your fridge or washer.
- A great way to use these color cards is as a guide in one of my color by number coloring pages in Spanish. Use them as a guide for color recognition.
- Play a game of color Go Fish with these free printable color flash cards!
- Print out multiple sets of these Spanish color flashcards and work on sequences and patterns with your preschoolers!
- One of my favorite activities is to print off two sets of the free color flashcards and use them in a memory games. This activity is perfect for younger children to practice language development and memorization skills to connect the spoken word to the image. Make sure every time you flip over a card, you say the name of what’s on it!
- You could also play a fun game by having your child stand on the opposite side of the room as you, or even better outside. First, shuffle the flashcards. Then, lift a flashcard and show your child. Lastly, if they guess it right, they can take a step or hop forward! If they mess up, a step backward! Will they make it to where you are?
- You could play a bilingual game and say the version in English. Have your child repeat it in Spanish and vice versa.
- Use the flashcards as symbols in this car color learning activity or in this color sorting lego toss.
Related: The Best Open-Ended Toys for Bilingual Toddlers and Preschoolers
- If you homeschool, you could create a morning basket and add in these flashcards. Have everyone draw a flashcard and find different objects around the house that match their color.
- You could place the flashcards face up on a table and see how fast your child can recognize the Spanish colors.
- Use the flashcards in one of these color learning activities.
- Keep these colorful flashcards in the car so your child can study them as the go down the road.
- Likewise, on long drives, draw a color flashcard from random and have everyone participate by finding that color outside in the target language. This will be a fun way to learn the color names.
- Create a sensory bin using a certain color. Do one color a week or month etc. Add in your color flash cards and other items of that same color.
- Read one of these color books in Spanish and have your child grab the correct color flashcard when taking about a specific color.
- Another fun way is to play Slapjack by placing all of the flashcards face down on a table. Say a word on the list and have your child flip the cards over until they find the correct color.
- Lastly, you could cut the cards in half and use them as puzzles by having your child use their little fingers to match the new words and images with their correct halves.
- To practice literacy skills, put the cards in the center of the table. Have your student draw a card and write objects that are the color they chose.
HOW TO GET YOUR FREE PRINTABLE SPANISH FLASHCARDS
If you are already a subscriber, this free printable activity arrive in your inbox shortly.
If you are new to Lorena & Lennox, Bilingual Beginnings, or have been shy to subscribe, you can do so at the end of this post. Not only will you receive exclusive access to these I Spy printables in Spanish, but over 80 seasonal and holiday-related activities in Spanish for kids!
Once you subscribe, please make sure to check your inbox to confirm your subscription first. If you do not see a confirmation email, check your junk or spam folder. It sometimes accidentally lands there. After you confirm your subscription, you will receive a welcome email with a passcode to enter the free printable library.
- This free printable is for personal use and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their free copy)
- This free printable may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- The Graphics that I use are purchased and used with permission.
- I make free printables for my readers and my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads help support my blog! ¡Gracias!
MORE COLOR LEARNING ACTIVITIES:
- 23 Picture Books About Colors in Spanish
- 20 Color Learning Activities for Preschoolers
- A Fun Color Learning Activity with Legos for Preschoolers
- A Cars Color Learning Activity in Spanish for Bilingual Children (Free Printable)
Pair these flash cards with one of color by number coloring pages in SPanish
- Free Printable Space and Planet Color By Number Pages in Spanish
- Cinco de Mayo Color By Number Printables in Spanish
- Color by Number Dinosaur Printable Worksheets in Spanish
- 8 Flower Color By Number Coloring Pages for Kids (English and Spanish)
- Spring Color by Number in Spanish for Kids [Free Printables]
- Kindergarten Easter Color By Number Printable Worksheets in Spanish [Freebie]
- 7 Valentine Color by Number Worksheets in Spanish [Free Printables]
- Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Color By Number in Spanish
- 7 Color by Number Thanksgiving Coloring Pages in Spanish
- 10 Free Printable Winter Color By Number Pages in Spanish
- 10 Color by Number Printable Summer Worksheets in Spanish
- 10 Free Printable Winter Color By Number Pages in Spanish