13 bilingual color flashcards in Spanish and English to practice the basic colors with your preschooler or beginner Spanish learner today.
If you are a Spanish teacher or a homeschooling mama looking for a great resource to learn the colors, these 13 free printable bilingual color flashcards in Spanish and English might be right up your alley!
Keep reading to see how to use these color flashcards in various ways. In no time, your bilingual kids will have fun working on color recognition and learning color words with these beautiful color flash cards.
Use these color printables with toddlers, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first-grade, and beginner Spanish students of all ages!
¡Aprendamos los colores!
This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you. You can read more about it here.
What Bilingual English and Spanish Words Come in These Flashcards
In this free printable PDF file you will receive 13 Bilingual Spanish <> English Color Flashcards in Spanish.
Here are the basic color English and Spanish vocabulary terms on the flashcards:
- Black | Negro
- Yellow | Amarillo
- Green | Verde
- Blue | Azul
- Red | Rojo
- Orange | Anaranjado
- Purple | Morado
- Brown | Café
- Pink | Rosado
- Grey | Gris
- White | Blanco
- Gold | Dorado
- Silver | Plateado
Related: Naranja vs Anaranjado: What’s the Difference?
Materials needed for these free printable Spanish flashcards
For these educational resources, all you need is:
- 8.5 x 11 printer paper or heavy cardstock paper.
- A printer
- Laminator and laminating sheets to laminate them for multi-use.
Simply print the free printable color flashcards in Spanish pdf file and you are ready to play and learn!
Ways to use these color flashcards in Spanish and English at Home or In the Classroom
There are many fun and easy learning ways to use these colors flashcards to work on color recognition in the classroom or in your preschool homeschool curriculum. Let’s check out some of these fun learning activities below!
Related: 23 Picture Books About Colors in Spanish
- Create a print-rich environment by placing these around the house. Add adhesive magnets to the back of the laminated flashcards and hang them on your fridge or washer.
- Print out multiple sets of these Spanish color flashcards and work on sequences and patterns with your preschoolers!
- One of my favorite activities is to print off two sets and use them as a memory matching game. This activity is perfect for younger children to practice language development and memorization skills to connect the spoken word to the image. Make sure every time you flip over a card, you say the name of what’s on it!
- You could also play a fun game by having your child stand on the opposite side of the room as you, or even better outside. First, shuffle the flashcards. Then, lift a flashcard and show your child. Lastly, if they guess it right, they can take a step or hop forward! If they mess up, a step backward! Will they make it to where you are?
- You could play a bilingual game and say the version in English. Have your child repeat it in Spanish and vice versa.
- Use the flashcards as symbols in this car color learning activity or in this color sorting lego toss.
Related: The Best Open-Ended Toys for Bilingual Toddlers and Preschoolers
- If you homeschool, you could create a morning basket and add in these flashcards. Have everyone draw a flashcard and find different objects around the house that match their color.
- You could place the flashcards face up on a table and see how fast your child can recognize the Spanish colors.
- Use the flashcards in one of these color learning activities.
- Keep these colorful flashcards in the car so your child can study them as the go down the road.
- Likewise, on long drives, draw a color flashcard from random and have everyone participate by finding that color outside in the target language.
- Create a sensory bin using a certain color. Do one color a week or month etc. Add in your color flash cards and other items of that same color.
- Read these color books in Spanish and have your child grab the correct color flashcard when taking about a specific color.
- Another fun way is to play Slapjack by placing all of the flashcards face down on a table. Say a word on the list and have your child flip the cards over until they find the correct color.
- Lastly, you could cut the cards in half and use them as puzzles by having your child use their little fingers to match the new words and images with their correct halves.
Related: Free Alphabet flashcards in Spanish
How to get your free printable Spanish flash cards now
If you are already a subscriber, these free adorable flashcards will make their way to your inbox shortly.
If you are new to Lorena & Lennox, Bilingual Beginnings, or have been shy to subscribe, you can do so at the end of this post. Not only will you receive exclusive access to these fun letter printables in Spanish, but other seasonal and holiday-related activities in Spanish for kids!
To check out what other Spanish activities you can find, click here.If you do not wish to subscribe— I understand. My inbox gets jammed as well— you can purchase these printables for a small charge at my TPT site here. Either way, you are helping to support this blog!!!
By using resources from my site, you agree to the following:
- This free printable is for personal use and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their free copy)
- This free printable may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- The Graphics that I use are purchased and used with permission.
- I make free printables for my readers and my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads help support my blog! ¡Gracias!
You might also like:
- 20 Color Learning Activities for Preschoolers
- A Fun Color Learning Activity with Legos for Preschoolers
- A Cars Color Learning Activity in Spanish for Bilingual Children (Free Printable)
Friday 28th of October 2022
I absolutely love these! Do you possibly have them in a larger size?
Sunday 30th of October 2022
Hi Jaesa, reach out to me vía e-mail [email protected] and I can make a larger version of these color flashcards in Spanish for you.
Tuesday 23rd of August 2022
There is no link to access the Color Flashcards PDF.
Tuesday 30th of August 2022
Good day, Farrah. I sent you an e-mail in regards to the color words in Spanish flashcards. If you did not get that e-mail, subscribe in the box in this post. From there, you will receive a welcome e-mail with instructions on how to access the Free Printable Library.