Inside: A free printable Spring scavenger hunt in Spanish. Your kiddos will enjoy this fun activity to learn Spanish in the outdoors this Spring.
Are you looking for a fun way to learn Spanish outdoors with your kiddos this Spring? Look no more.
As soon as the warmer weather starts to make its appearance, print off this Spring scavenger hunt and get the kiddos outdoors and in touch with nature again after the long winter.
Let’s learn a little more about this printable scavenger hunt, how to use it with your child or students, and how to get your free copy today!
For more scavenger hunt ideas, check out this growing list of 40 scavenger hunt ideas for kids.
This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you. You can read more about it here.
How to use this Spring scavenger hunt as a fun and educational activity
Use this spring nature scavenger hunt not only as a fun game with your child but also as an educational activity at home or in the classroom!
First, start off by learning about Spring and the changing seasons by reading a handful of these Spring picture books in Spanish, which are great for young children.
Simultaneously, play some fun games with your free Spring flashcards in Spanish (also available in the free printable library upon subscription, see the end of the post).
You could use the flashcards by identifying the Spring words in the books!
Once you have read a few books and practiced your spring Spanish vocabulary, it’s time to take the learning outdoors with this Spring scavenger hunt.
Related: 40+ Scavenger Hunt Lists Ideas for Kids of All Ages
What do you need for this free printable Spring scavenger hunt?
For this activity, all you need is:
- 8.5 x 11 printer paper or heavy cardstock paper.
- A printer
- Laminator and plastic page protectors to laminate the scavenger hunt to use more than once!
Here are the words that can be found on the Spring scavenger hunt:
- Mariposa | Butterfly
- Abeja | Bee
- Tortuga | Turtle
- Gusano | Worm
- Pájaro | Bird
- Hormiga | Ant
- Conejo | Rabbit
- Mariquita | Ladybug
- Oruga | Caterpillar
- Rana | Frog
- Nido | Nest
- Charco | Puddle
- Un tulipán | Tulip
- Arco iris | Rainbow
Now you’re ready to hunt.
How To Play This Spring Scavenger Hunt in Spanish
Take this scavenger hunt on a nature walk with you. If you’re doing this activity at home, print out multiple copies for the neighborhood kids and get them learning some Spanish too! This activity will be super popular amongst the elementary age kids.
Take this fun outdoor activity backyard or explore a new area! Allow your children to use their observation skills by crouching down and looking for insects.
Then, they can look for anything that flys or maybe some bird nests high in the trees. If they find a puddle, let them jump in it. How sensory, and how much fun! Keep all the communication Spanish if you are doing this activity in Spanish!
Keep a tally of how many items on the list they find, and for each time someone speaks anything but Spanish, deduct a point! Your kids will love this fun interactive activity, especially if done in a group and everyone is partaking in only speaking Spanish. What a wonderful way to learn the target language!
Fun activities like this scavenger hunt in Spanish will be one of those long-lasting memories. It will help make those vocabulary words stick! Keep reading to learn how to get instant access to your free printable!
Related posts you might enjoy:
- YouTube Channels in Spanish for Kids
- 9 Outdoor Language Learning Ideas for Bilingual Kids
- 16 Spring Picture Books in Spanish for Kids
How can you get your Spring scavenger hunt?
If you are already a subscriber, these free activities will shortly make their way to your inbox. However, if you are new to Lorena & Lennox, Bilingual Beginnings, or have been shy to subscribe, you can do so at the end of this post.
Not only will you receive exclusive access to this Easter scavenger hunt in Spanish, but other seasonal and holiday-related activities in Spanish for kids as well!To check out what other Spanish activities you can find, click here.
If you do not wish to subscribe— I understand. My inbox gets jammed as well— you can purchase these printables for a small charge at my TPT site here. Either way, you are helping to support this blog!!!
- This free printable is for personal use and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their free copy)
- This free printable may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- The Graphics that I use are purchased and used with permission.
- I make free printables for my readers and my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads help support my blog! ¡Gracias!
Additional Spring Resources in Spanish
- Printable Spring Bingo in Spanish for Kids
- Spring Color by Number in Spanish for Kids [Free Printables]
- Spring I Spy Worksheet in Spanish [Free Printables]
- 20 Spring Vocabulary Flashcards in Spanish (Free Printable)
- 18 Spring Picture Books in Spanish for Kids
Even more Spring Resources
- 40+ Spring Printables for Kids
- Spring Bucket List Ideas: 93 Activities to Do With the Kids this 2022