This St Patrick’s Day Bingo in Spanish is an interactive family activity that will engage your children at home or in the Spanish classroom this March 17th.
Are you looking for a fun class activity to learn about el día de San Patricio? Or maybe you are hosting a bilingual playdate and are looking for St. Patrick’s Day games in the target language, Spanish?
Well, look no more! This St Patrick’s Day Bingo in Spanish is perfect for both the Spanish class and home. Play it in small groups or in groups of up to 11. You decide!
Happy playing! Make sure to tag us on Instagram or Facebook so we can see your family or your own classroom playing this St Patrick’s Day bingo in Spanish game together! Just tag me @lorenaylennox! I would be delighted!
This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you. You can read more about it here.
More St. Patrick’s Day posts you might enjoy:
- Picture Books About Colors in Spanish for Kids
- Free St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt in Spanish
- 20 St. Patrick’s Day Sensory Activities for Toddlers
What do you need for this St. Patrick’s Day bingo game in Spanish?
For this printable PDF activity, you will need:
- 8.5 x 11 printer paper or card stock
- A printer
- Bingo chips or something to mark bingo with such as pebbles or rocks. Legos even work too!
- A laminator and laminating sheets if you want to save this game and play it again another day!
Related: Free St. Patrick’s Day Flashcards in Spanish
What comes in this St. Patrick’s Day bingo in Spanish?
This bingo design is made out of beautiful watercolors and comes with 20 St. Patrick’s Day-themed vocabulary words in Spanish, plus the colors of the rainbow.
Here are the cards that come included in the set:
- Trébol | Clover
- Olla de oro | Pots of gold
- Bandera de Irlanda | Irish Flag
- Herradura | Horseshoe
- Moneda de de oro | Golden coin
- Sombrero verde | Green Hat
- Arcoiris | Rainbow
- Duende | Leprechaun
- Harpa | Harp
- Calcetín | sock
- Pastelito | Cupcake
- Chaleco | Vest
- Mapa de Irlanda | Map of Ireland
- Zapato | Shoe
- Color morado | Purple
- Color verde | Green
- Color rojo | Red
- Color amarillo | Yellow
- Color azul | Blue
- Color anaranjado | Orange
Apart from using the flashcards with the game cards in this Bingo game, you can use these flashcards in the following ways too:
- Create a print rich environment by placing these around the house. Add adhesive magnets to the back of the laminated flashcards and hang them on your fridge or washer.
- Print out multiple sets and work on sequences and patterns with your preschoolers!
- One of my favorite activities is to print off two sets and use them as a memory game. This activity is perfect for younger children to practice language development and memorization skills to connect the spoken word to the image. Make sure every time you flip over a card, you say the name of what’s on it!
- You could also play a fun game by having your child stand on the opposite side of the room as you, or even better outside. First, shuffle the flashcards. Then, lift a flashcard and show your child. Lastly, if they guess it right, they can take a step or hop forward! If they mess up, a step backward! Will they make it to where you are?
- Play What’s Missing. Pick a handful of flashcards to your child. Talk about the flashcards and lay them flat on the table. Then, take a scarf and place them over the cards and remove a card. Have your child guess which card is missing.
- You could play a bilingual game and say the version in English. Have your child repeat it in Spanish and vice versa.
- You could place the flashcards face up on a table and see how fast your child can recognize the word.
- Play Slapjack by placing all of the flashcards face down on a table. Say a word on the list and have your child flip the cards over until they find the correct card.
- Lastly, you could cut the cards in half and use them as puzzles by having your child match the words and images with their correct halves.
Related: Free color flashcards in Spanish
You will also receive 11 Bingo Suertudo playing cards to go along with the vocabulary cards. This means that you can play with up to 11 players in each game!
In each of my previous Bingos I have used a fun bilingual name name to go along with the bingo game.—Bingo enamorado, Bingo Navideño, etc.
This St Patrick’s Day Bingo in Spanish is called Bingo Suertudo. Suertudo is a colloquial way of saying lucky in Spanish!
Once you print off your St. Patrick’s Day vocabulary cards and bingo mats, I recommend laminating them so you can save them for future use!
Then, cut out the laminated cards.
Once the spring vocabulary cards are cut out, place the cards face down in a pile or in random order.
Give each player a bingo sheet.
Then in order (youngest to oldest/ clockwise/ however you choose) pick up a card from the pile. Have the person picking up the card say what card they have in Spanish.
Lastly, all players with the selected vocabulary card on their bingo sheet, should mark it with a bingo chip.
The first player to fill their card wins!
Read more: Learn the Spanish Alphabet With This ABC Bingo in Spanish
Tips to get maximum language use from this St. Patrick’s Day Bingo in Spanish!
- To make sure you get the absolute most language use out of this Bingo game, state the rule that the class or your family is only allowed to speak in Spanish!
- If the child flips a card and does not know the word of the image on the card, help them out with the pronunciation. Even better, before the game, flip the the cards and review the words!
Then, you can ask questions or say phrases such as:
“¿Quién tiene el ____? “
“¡Solamente mamá tiene la ______!”
“¡Wau, todos temos los ___!”
¡Qué suertudo, tu tienes el arcoiris!
Repeating phrases like this to include the vocabulary word with help the new Spanish vocabulary stick!
- Allow your child sufficient time to process the card that has been chosen, and to identify the object on their card. Try not to interject or speed up their finding process. Doing so might confuse the child or discourage participation.
How to get your St. Patrick’s Day Bingo now!
You can purchase your St. Patrick’s Day Bingo in Spanish in my Etsy shop for $2.97 by clicking through the button below!
Thank you so much for supporting this blog! For more FREE printables and bilingual parenting tips, don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter!
MORE FUN ST. PATRICK’S DAY ACTIVITIES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- Free printable coloring pages for St. Patrick’s Day in Spanish
- St. Patrick’s Day Word Search Printable in Spanish [Free Printable]
- Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Color By Number in Spanish
- St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt in Spanish (Free Printable)
- 10 Sensory and Fine Motor St. Patrick’s Day Activities for Toddlers
- 20 St. Patrick’s Day Sensory Activities for Toddlers
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables for Preschoolers