Inside: 10 Zoo animals printables in Spanish for preschoolers and kindergarteners to use at home or in the classroom.
Let’s learn about los animales del zoológico with these 10 interactive zoo animals printables in Spanish.
These zoo animals printables in Spanish are geared towards preschoolers, but they are also a great resource or beginner Spanish learners of all ages.
Inside this printable workbook you can find:
- A poem
- math and counting worksheets
- Letter recognition
- A scavenger hunt
- A visual diary
- more fun zoo animals printables in Spanish for preschoolers!
These printables are perfect for the Spanish classroom, Spanish immersion school, or bilingual homeschooling families!
Therefore, let’s learn more about what comes in this 10-page workbook of zoo animals printables in Spanish, as well as how to get your printables today!
You might also enjoy:
- 12 Zoo Animal Picture Books in Spanish
- Spanish Weather Flashcards and Activity Workbook
- Farm Animals Printables in Spanish for Preschoolers
This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you. You can read more about it here.
What type of activities come with these zoo animals printables in Spanish?
Included are 16 Montessori-style, watercolor, zoo animals flashcard in Spanish.
Below is a list of the 16 zoo animals that are included in the flashcards.
- El elefante– Elephant
- El león– Lion
- La jirafa– Giraffe
- El gorila– Gorilla
- El hipopótamo– Hippopotamos
- La suricata– Meerkat
- El rinocerante– Rhinoceros
- El cocodrilo– Crocodile
- La cebra– Zebra
- El buitre– Vulture
- El antílope– Antelope
- La gacela– Gazelle
- El ñu– Yak
- El perro salvaje africano– Wild African Dog
- El jabalí verrugoso– Warthog
- El avestruz– Ostrich
Below are some ways you can use these zoo animals flashcards in Spanish.
In this section, I am going to discuss fun ways you can use and reuse these zoo animal flashcards in Spanish.
First and foremost, print our your farm animal flashcards.Next, cut them out and laminate them. Then, you can use them in some fun ways, like the ways I will list below!
- Create a print rich envoirnment by placing these around the house. Add adhesive magnets to the back of the laminated flashcards and hang them on your fridge or washer.
- Print out multiple sets and work on sequences and patterns with your preschoolers!
- One of my favorite activities is to print off two sets and use them as a memory game. This activity is perfect for younger children to practice language development and memorization skills to connect the spoken word to the image. Make sure every time you flip over a card, you say the name of what’s on it!
- You could also play a fun game by having your child stand on the opposite side of the room as you, or even better outside. First, shuffle the flashcards. Then, lift a flashcard and show your child. Lastly, if they guess it right, they can take a step or hop forward! If they mess up, a step backward! Will they make it to where you are?
- You could play a bilingual game and say the version in English. Have your child repeat it in Spanish and vice versa.
- You could place the flashcards face up on a table and see how fast your child can recognize the word.
- Play Slapjack by placing all of the flashcards face down on a table. Say a word on the list and have your child flip the cards over until they find the correct card.
- Lastly, you could cut the cards in half and use them as puzzles by having your child match the words and images with their correct halves.
You will also receive an 8-page zoo animals workbook in Spanish. Let’s see what’s included.
A watercolor animales del zoológico cover page
A zoo animal scavenger hunt
This zoo animal scavenger hunt is the perfect activity to take with your child or students on your trip to the zoo.
First, use your zoo animals flashcards in Spanish to talk about the animals you might find at the zoo. Then, at the zoo, go on a scavenger hunt and see if your child can find the animals on the list! Extra points if the activity stays in Spanish!
A lion poem
Lennox and I love poems, especially ones that rhyme.
Poems help expand Spanish vocabulary, and they are also fun to repeat to nail down the new words. So in this printable kit, I decided to add a lion poem that is also a coloring page!
¿Cuál animal es? matching page.
Lay the farm animals flashcards out in front of your child. Have them study the words for each zoo animal. Then, draw a line from the image to the correct word.
This page works with letter recognition and works fine motor skills.
An I-Spy Zoo Animals Counting Page
Have your child count how many of each zoo animals they find gathering around the waterhole.
Add up the animals that are located in each row. Make sure to have your child count out loud to practice the numbers in Spanish.
– Mi diario visual
This is another great activity to do after you visit the zoo. Or, after learning about some zoo animals at home, too.
Talk about the zoo animals you and your child found on the scavenger hunt. Let them be creative and draw some of the animals they spotted in the boxes of their visual diary.
– Zoo animal first letter worksheet
Have your preschooler say the name of the animal listed. Then, have them sound out the first letter and see if they can identify with what letter the zoo animal begins.
They have four options to choose from, so if they are struggling, sound out all the letters with them. This will help them learn the phonetic sound of the letters!
How to get your zoo animals printables in Spanish?
You can get all 10 of these printables in my Etsy shop for a small price of $5.97, or you can purchase just the zoo animals flashcards for $1.97!
You can grab your farm animals printables in Spanish now by clicking the button below!Thank you for supporting my blog! This small price supports this blog and helps me carve more time to make FREE printables for you too!
Likewise, you can subscribe to my blog below, where I will occasionally be giving these out for free to a select few subscribers. You will also receive FREE printables and bilingual parenting advice to your inbox on a biweekly basis!