Inside this post: 23 bilingual transportation vocabulary flashcards in Spanish for classroom use or at home. Keep reading for fun ways to use these cards!
Is your child obsessed with cars?
If so, why not get them talking about their favorite cars in the minority language with these transportation vocabulary flashcards in Spanish.
These transportation vocabulary flashcards in Spanish are a great resource for preschoolers, young children, elementary students and beginner learners of Spanish of all ages. In fact, I even learned some new Spanish words myself while making these words, such as el volquete!
Well, what are you waiting for? Scroll through this post to learn fun ways to use these flashcards at home or in the classroom, and find where you can get your transportation vocabulary flashcards in Spanish NOW at the end of this post!
Materials needed for these transportation flashcards in Spanish
For these printable transportation flashcards in Spanish, all you need is:
- 8.5 x 11 printer paper or heavy card stock paper.
- A printer
- Laminator and laminating sheets to laminate them for multi-use.
Simply print transport flashcards pdf file and you are ready to play and learn!
What vocabulary words are included in these transportation vocabulary flashcards in Spanish?
In this flashcard set you will receive 23 watercolor transportation vocabulary bilingual cards in pdf file format with with different modes of transportation.
Each card comes listed with Spanish in large print at the bottom, and English at the top in smaller print.
Below are the different vocabulary words found in these flashcards.
|El carro de policía||Police car|
|El camión de bomberos||Fire truck|
|La grúa||Tow truck|
|El volquete||Dump truck|
|La nave espacial||Spaceship|
|El camión de basura||Trash truck|
|La silla de ruedas||Wheel chair|
Keep reading for ideas on how to use these transportation vocabulary words in Spanish in your classroom or at home today!
Ways to use these transportation vocabulary words in Spanish flashcards
Teachers, are you looking for fun activities and ways to use these transportation words in Spanish in your classroom?
If so, below I will offer a variety of ways you can use these flashcards to interact with your students in the classroom (or at home).
- Get out all of your toy vehicles at home and sort the cars into piles by their type.
- While you are sorting, you can practice the colors with this free car sorting template in Spanish, too!
Read more: A Cars Color Learning Activity in Spanish for Bilingual Children (Free Printable)
- Print out multiple sets of these transportation cards in Spanish and work on sequences and patterns with your preschoolers!
- Keep a set of these flashcards in the car for a family fun game on long rides! Pull a flashcard and see who can spot the selected transportation vehicle from their seat first! Remember to keep it in Spanish!
- Create a word wall and place all of the transportation vehicles on it. Have your child or student grab their favorite transportation vehicle vocabulary word.
Related post: The Best Open-Ended Toys for Bilingual Toddlers and Preschoolers
- The best way to memorize words is to print off two sets and use them as a memory matching game. This activity is perfect for younger children to practice language development and memorization skills to connect the spoken word to the image. Make sure every time you flip over a card, you say the name of what’s on it!
- Play a fun game by having your child stand on the opposite side of the room as you, or even better outside. First, shuffle the flashcards. Then, lift a flashcard and show your child. Lastly, if they guess it right, they can take a step or hop forward! If they mess up, a step backward! Will they make it to where you are?
- You could play a bilingual game and say the version in English. Have your child repeat it in Spanish and vice versa.
- Place the flashcards face up on a table and see how fast your child can recognize the Spanish family vocabulary.
- Another fun way is to play Slapjack by placing all of the flashcards face down on a table. Say a word on the list and have your child flip the cards over until they find the correct transportation vocabulary word.
- For reading practice, you could cut the cards in half and use them as puzzles by having your child use their little fingers to match the new words and images with their correct halves.
Related: Spanish Reading Resources and Tips for Emergent Readers
If you know of any more ways to use these cards, let me know me know in the comments below so I can share your ideas with my readers, too!
How to get your transportation vocabulary set of flashcards in Spanish now
To get your 23 printable transportation vocabulary flashcards n Spanish, head to my Etsy shop where you can purchase them for a small price of $2.97. This small purchase helps to support my blog & allows me to allocate time to make more FREE printables for you in the future!
Prefer buying on Teachers Pay Teachers? You can find these transportation flashcards in Spanish on TPT here.
More paid and free printable flash cards you might like:
- 24 Bilingual Spanish/English Emotions Flashcards
- Color Flashcards in Spanish (Free Printable)
- Family Words in Spanish Free Printable Bilingual Flashcards
Save this pin to your Spanish board to remember all these ideas!