Celebrate Cinco de Mayo Mexican holiday in your classroom this May with this Cinco de Mayo word search free printable in Spanish!
This printable Cinco de Mayo word search puzzle is the perfect activity for young kids of all ages. Kindergartners through high schoolers will enjoy this activity
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s have some Cinco de Mayo fun!
Head to the bottom of this post, where you can subscribe and get your free printable in less than ten minutes! But first, stick around to see the benefits of word searches and what Spanish words your child will search for in this free Cinco de Mayo word search.
This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you. You can read more about it here.
Benefits of word search puzzles
There are so many benefits of doing word searches with your children. In her post “The Benefits of Word searches” Lisa from Gifted Guru mentions the many benefits of using word search puzzles in your classroom.
I want to list a few of those benefits below.
Benefits of word search puzzles:
- Helps with word recognition
I enjoy making thematic word search printables because they aid children in word recognition. If they know the theme is winter, then that will help them tell the difference and learn to recognize new winter vocabulary in Spanish
- Develop pattern recognition
This is important with learning Spanish spelling and phonetics. It helps recognize which letters follow which.
- Introduce new vocabulary
This is super important when learning a foreign language. This is one of the reasons I plan to create a seasonal word search for every season. It helps children with building vocabulary in Spanish.
Spelling is slightly different in Spanish than English since Spanish is a phonetic language.
Word searches help the user discover the patterns of spelling in Spanish as they look for each word in the word search.
- Word searches are fun
Naturally, the most important way to learn is through having fun and I don’t know about you, but I always enjoyed myself a good word find game growing up.
What is Cinco de Mayo and What Words Come in This Word Search?
What words come in this Cinco de Mayo word search printable in Spanish?
Let’s take a peak at the fifteen hidden words that your child will find in this free printable Cinco de Mayo word search in Spanish.
Cinco de Mayo is the holiday and celebration that commemorates a battle fought in Puebla Mexico on the fifth of May, 1862. This battle resulted in the unexpected victory for the Mexican army over French forces.
Now, the people of Puebla, Mexico observe the holiday to celebrate its victory. In the United States, Americans have adopted this holiday to celebrate the honor of the battle as well as Mexican culture.
In this word search, you can find 15 words that celebrate Mexican heritage and highlight important words from the battle of Puebla. Among these words you can find food items, important dates and more.
Below are the vocabulary words that your child will find in this fun activity:
|Puebla||Puebla (Town in Mexico)|
|Maracas||Maracas (Mexican musical shakers)|
|Mariachi||Mariachi music (Folk Mexican music)|
|Tamal||Tamal (Traditional Mexican food made from corn masa)|
There are plenty of more words that I wanted to add to this list, but I thought this list would be appropriate for kids and Spanish learners of all ages to celebrate 5 de Mayo and learn some new words.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THESE WORKSHEETS
Let’s do a quick run through of everything you are going to need for this fun word search puzzle in Spanish.
Preparing for this activity is super easy. All you need to do is download the free printable PDF file which you can grab in my Free Spanish Printable Library after subscribing at the end of this email.
- 8.5 x 11 printer paper or card stock
- A printer to print out the PDF file.
- Coloring utensils such as crayons, markers or even watercolor paints!
- You might also want to use some dry erase pockets if you want to use and reuse this printable puzzle many times!
- Your child!
More free word search printables available after subscribing below:
- St. Patrick’s Day Word Search Printable in Spanish [Free Printable]
- Winter Word Search Printable In Spanish [Free Printable]
HOW TO GET YOUR Free download
If you are already a subscriber, this Cinco de Mayo word search free printable in Spanish will arrive in your inbox shortly.
If you are new to Lorena & Lennox, Bilingual Beginnings, or have been shy to subscribe, you can do so at the end of this post by entering your email address. Not only will you receive exclusive access to this word search printable in Spanish, but other seasonal and holiday-related activities in Spanish for kids!
Once you subscribe, please make sure to check your inbox to confirm your subscription first. If you do not see a confirmation email, check your junk or spam folder. It sometimes accidentally lands there. After you confirm your subscription, you will receive a welcome email with a passcode to enter the free printable library.
- This free printable is for personal use and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their free copy)
- This free printable may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- The Graphics that I use are purchased and used with permission.
- I make free printables for my readers and my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliate links and ads help support my blog! ¡Gracias!
I hope your children enjoy this fun Cinco de Mayo activity. For more educational activities in Spanish, check out some more posts below.
- 11+ Cinco de Mayo Printable Activities for Kids
- Cinco de Mayo Color By Number Printables in Spanish
- A Fun Cinco de Mayo Bingo Free Printable in Spanish
- 80+ Day of the Dead Quotes in Spanish
- Day of the Dead Coloring Pages in Spanish (Free Printables)
- Mother’s Day Coloring Pages for Abuela in Spanish for Kids (Free Printables)