Bring the whole family together this Thanksgiving dinner with this engaging Thanksgiving word search printable in Spanish!
Whether you’re a Spanish teacher looking for an easy and fun Thanksgiving activity or a bilingual family wanting to incorporate some activities in Spanish into your home this Thanksgiving, this printable will provide hours of harmless, holiday fun!
In this post I will provide more information about this Thanksgiving word search printable in Spanish as well as step-by-step instructions on how to get your word search today.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s have some fun this Thanksgiving season!
This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you. You can read more about it here.
Benefits of word search puzzles
There are so many benefits of doing word searches with your children.
I want to list a few of those benefits below.
Benefits of word search puzzles:
- Helps with word recognition
I enjoy making thematic word search printables because they aid children in word recognition. If they know the theme is Thanksgiving, then that will help them tell the difference and learn to recognize new Thanksgiving vocabulary in Spanish.
- Develop pattern recognition
This is important with learning Spanish spelling skills and phonetics. It helps recognize which letters follow which.
- Introduce new vocabulary
This is super important when learning a foreign language. This is one of the reasons I plan to create a seasonal word search for every season. It helps children with building vocabulary in Spanish.
Spelling is slightly different in Spanish than English since Spanish is a phonetic language.
Word searches help the user discover the patterns of spelling in Spanish as they look for each word in the word search.
- Word searches are fun
Naturally, the most important way to learn is through having fun and I don’t know about you, but I always enjoyed myself a good word find game growing up. This word search will be a fun way to learn more Spanish this holiday season.
Related: Thanksgiving I Spy Free Printable in Spanish for Kids
Lastly. word search will provide a little bit of quiet time for kids of all ages. Let’s put down the screens and engage in these free Thanksgiving word search printables.
What Thanksgiving words come in this winter word search printable in Spanish?
Let’s take a peak at the fifteen hidden vocabulary words that your child will find in this free printable Thanksgiving word search in Spanish.
This fun puzzle includes a variety of Thanksgiving themed words such as food items and utensils that can be found at the dinner table on Thanksgiving Day.
Below is the list of words that your child will find in this fun word find puzzle
*OJO Accents and diaeresis are omitted in this printable to avoid giving away the location of the words in the word search.
This printable includes two Thanksgiving word search puzzles. One has big print and less letters more geared for kindergarteners and younger children. Page 2 has more letters and smaller print for older school-aged children.
The difficulty level is pretty easy. The words can be found horizontally, vertically and diagonally, but not backwards.
The level of difficulty of this word search is relatively easy. With big print, and horizontal, vertical and diagonal words that go forwards, your younger kids as well as older kids will be able to use this free fall word search.
Related: Thanksgiving Patrón de Pavos Pattern Activity for Preschoolers
Pin me to your Thanksgiving board on Pinterest
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THIS THANKSGIVING PRINTABLE WORD SEARCH PUZZLE
Let’s do a quick run through of everything you are going to need for this free printable Thanksgiving word search PDF.
Preparing for this great activity is super easy. All you need to do is download the free printable PDF file which you can grab in my Free Spanish Printable Library after subscribing at the end of this email.
- The first thing you will need is 8.5 x 11 printer paper or card stock
- A printer to print out the PDF file.
- Coloring utensils such as crayons, markers or even watercolor paints!
- You might also want to use some dry erase pockets if you want to use and reuse this printable puzzle many times!
- Your child!
Related: 14 Thanksgiving Books in Spanish for Children
HOW TO GET YOUR FREE PRINTABLE THANKSGIVING WORD SEARCH PUZZLE
If you are already a subscriber, this October word search free printable in Spanish will arrive in your inbox shortly.
If you are new to Lorena & Lennox, Bilingual Beginnings, or have been shy to subscribe, you can do so at the end of this post by entering your email address. Not only will you receive exclusive access to this word search printable in Spanish, but other seasonal and holiday-related activities in Spanish for kids!
Once you subscribe, please make sure to check your inbox to confirm your subscription first. If you do not see a confirmation email, check your junk or spam folder. It sometimes accidentally lands there. After you confirm your subscription, you will receive a welcome email with a passcode to enter the free printable library.
- This free printable is for personal use and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their free copy)
- This free printable may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- The Graphics that I use are purchased and used with permission.
- I make free printables for my readers and my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliate links and ads help support my blog! ¡Gracias!
More word search games available in the Free Spanish Printable Library
- Easter Word Search Printable in Spanish [Free Printable]
- Cinco de Mayo Word Search Free Printable in Spanish
- St. Patrick’s Day Word Search Printable in Spanish [Free Printable]
- Winter Word Search Printable In Spanish [Free Printable]
- October Word Search Printable in Spanish
I hope your children enjoy this fun activity. Did it take them a long time?
Did they learn a few different words from these Thanksgiving word searches? Did they find all of the hidden words? I hope so. Enjoy this fun time of year!
Stay tuned for more free word search printables coming your way!
Happy Thanksgiving, amigos!
For more educational activities in Spanish, check out some more posts below.
More Fun Activities in Spanish for Thanksgiving
- Free I Spy Thanksgiving Printables in Spanish
- 7 Color by Number Thanksgiving Coloring Pages in Spanish
- Thanksgiving Pattern Activity in Spanish for Preschoolers (Free Printable)
- 14 Thanksgiving Books in Spanish for Children
- Free Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt in Spanish and English for Kids
- Free Thanksgiving Printables in Spanish for Preschoolers
- 17 Free Thanksgiving Printable Activities for Preschoolers