If you are looking for a fun activity to do in your classroom this Thanksgiving holiday, try out this interactive printable Thanksgiving scavenger hunt.
This Thanksgiving scavenger hunt game is available in Spanish and English, so it will be perfect for the Spanish classroom, too!
This scavenger hunt is designed to be played indoors, making it the perfect activity for those chilly fall days!
Young kids and older kids will enjoy this printable scavenger hunt with different Thanksgiving items such as turkeys, pumpkin pie, eating utensils and more! Even better, get the whole family involved!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get hunting!
Keep reading to the end of the post to learn more about this scavenger hunt in Spanish as well as how to get your free scavenger hunt today!
This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you. You can read more about it here.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THIS THANKSGIVING SCAVENGER HUNT PRINTABLE
Before I go into more details about this free printable Thanksgiving scavenger hunt, let’s take a brief glance at what materials you will need for this fun holiday activity.
Preparing for this activity is super easy. All you need to do is get your free Thanksgiving scavenger hunt pdf which you can grab in my Free Printable Library after subscribing at the end of this post.
- 8.5 x 11 printer paper or card stock
- A printer to print out the PDF file.
- Coloring utensils such as a box of crayons, colored pencils or markers.
- Your child!
BENEFITS OF THANKSGIVING SCAVENGER HUNT
Scavenger hunts are a great way to engage kids of all ages in a variety of activities.
As a parent, I have seen the benefits of scavenger hunts firsthand. Not only do they promote physical activity, but they also encourage critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
One of the biggest benefits of scavenger hunts for kids is that they get children moving.
This fun Thanksgiving activity will provide an opportunity for children to get up and go searching for Thanksgiving-themed objects around the house and at the Thanksgiving dinner table to find the items on the list.
Encourage children to take pictures of the items to prove they actually found each item.
Play this game in small groups or get the entire family involved at home over Thanksgiving break. Pack it up and save it again for the following year. Turn it into one your you family traditions each year!
WHAT VOCAB WORDS COME ON THIS FREE PRINTABLE SCAVENGER HUNT?
This simple scavenger hunt is the perfect way to work on Thanksgiving vocabulary with your students, whether it be in Spanish or English.
Here are the words that you can find on this scavenger hunt list:
|El puré de papas||Mashed potatoes|
|Un árbol de navidad||A Christmas Tree|
|Un plato vacío||An empty plate|
|Un plato lleno||A full plate|
|Un pastel de calabaza||Pumpkin pie|
MORE FUN THANKSGIVING ACTIVITIES TO PRACTICE THIS SPANISH THANKSGIVING VOCABULARY:
- Find Thanksgiving vocabulary in one of these 14 great books with Thanksgiving themes in Spanish.
- Search for these Thanksgiving vocabulary words with this Thanksgiving word search worksheet in Spanish.
- Find the words throughout this Thanksgiving placemat activity in Spanish.
- Have smaller kids practice speaking the words as they find them in this Thanksgiving I Spy printable in Spanish.
- Color in Thanksgiving themed items with these Thanksgiving color by number worksheets in Spanish and have your students tell you what they are coloring in.
HOW TO PLAY THIS THANKSGIVING SCAVENGER HUNT PRINTABLE
This is the perfect game to play in your classroom party or as a whole family over Thanksgiving break! Here’s how to play:
Print out as many scavenger hunt sheets as needed. Play individually, or group younger children in to small groups for collaborative team work.
If you are at home, you can hide Thanksgiving items around your house for your children to find.
For classroom use, you could write these words on sticky notes and hide them around the room. This will provide your children with literacy practices too as they use their cognitive skills to identify the different words.
For extra fun, provide a time limit for your children or students to find the items.
Once the time is up, have your students go through and repeat which items they found and which items they didn’t find.
If playing this fun game in Spanish, try to keep the conversation in Spanish for verbal practice.
Hand out small prizes to the winners!
HOW CAN YOU GET YOUR FREE PRINTABLE THANKSGIVING SCAVENGER HUNT
If you are already a subscriber, this fun Thanksgiving scavenger hunt will arrive in your inbox shortly.
If you are new to Lorena & Lennox, Bilingual Beginnings, or have been shy to subscribe, you can do so at the end of this post by entering your email address. Not only will you receive exclusive access to these coloring pages,, but other seasonal and holiday-related activities in Spanish for kids!
Once you subscribe, please make sure to check your inbox to confirm your subscription first.
If you do not see a confirmation email, check your junk or spam folder. It sometimes accidentally lands there. After you confirm your subscription, you will receive a welcome email with a passcode to enter the free printable library.
I hope your children enjoy this Thanksgiving game. I hope you all have a very wonderful Thanksgiving! I am very grateful for you all!
- This free printable is for personal use and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their free copy)
- This free printable may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- The Graphics that I use are purchased and used with permission.
- I make free printables for my readers and my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliate links and ads help support my blog! ¡Gracias!
MORE THANKSGIVING ACTIVITIES IN SPANISH FOR KIDS THAT YOU WILL ALSO HAVE ACCESS TO UPON SUBSCRIBING!
- Learn more about the act of giving and being thankful by reading one of these Thanksgiving picture books in Spanish.
- Work with your preschooler on patterns and sequences with this Patrón de pavos activity.
- Practice number recognition with these color by number Thanksgiving pages in Spanish.
- Practice counting with these I Spy Printables in Spanish.
- Unscramble Thanksgiving-themed words in Spanish with this entertaining word scramble.
- Print out this Thanksgiving placemat in Spanish to keep the littles entertained at the Thanksgiving table this holiday.
- Use problem solving to work your way through these fun Thanksgiving-themed mazes.
- Find all 15 Thanksgiving-themed words in this Thanksgiving word search printable in Spanish.
- Practice gratitude with these 40 Gratitude Quotes in Spanish