Inside: 14 Thanksgiving books in Spanish for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners and beginner Spanish learners of all ages.
Are you looking for a great book in Spanish to teach your kiddos about Thanksgiving this year? If so, you have come to the right place because today, I am going to share 14 Thanksgiving picture books in Spanish!
These books touch on several themes dealing with Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving related vocabulary and themes, as well as what it means to be Thankful, and how to give thanks.
If you are looking for some activities to prepare you for some of the vocabulary you might find in your Thanksgiving book in Spanish, try out these FREE Thanksgiving coloring pages & placemat!
You could also make some Vocabulary flashcards with this Thanksgiving Scavenger hunt available in Spanish and English!
*This site may contain affiliate links. To real the full disclosure, click here.
*Bilingual Thanksgiving books that are in Spanish & English
1. La actitud de agradecer
By: Melissa Winn
A cute story of a little boy who is angry because his parents didn’t give him a gift.
His abuelita comes to cheer him up by inviting him to play a game! A game of thanks! He must write a note every night expressing thanks for something.
The little boy loves this game so much, that he ends up writing a beautiful letter about all that for which he is thankful!
This is a great read aloud story to learn about the act of thanks in Spanish with your kiddos. At the end of the book, there are cut outs to play your own game with your children! Super cute!
2. Óscar el Oso Pardo aprende a ser agradecido
By: Misty Black
Help Oscar el Oso’s friends cheer up his mood and teach him about gratitude this Thanksgiving!
3. La ovejita que vino a cenar
By: Steve Stallman
This adorable book is not necessarily Thanksgiving-related, but it does talk about dinner time. This book is filled with great valuable lessons such as friendship, generosity, and the acceptance of differences. It is such a beautiful story to give thanks for this Thanksgiving!
Related: 40 Gratitude Quotes in Spanish
Related: How to Read to Your Bilingual Toddler in the Minority Language
4. ¡Gracias, Omu!
By: Oge Mora
What a great tale about sharing and what sharing can bring in return!
Omu makes a delicious guiso rojo espeso for dinner.
El aroma from her guiso travels through the whole town, bringing everyone to Omu’s door!
Will she share her guiso? Will there be enough?
5. No te olvides de agradecer
By: Melissa Winn
With No te olvides a agradecer, your child will learn that being happy and thankful does not come from material items, but rather from everyday things, such as family, the outdoors, and a bird singing.
6. El Pavo que se olvidó cómo hacer Glu-Glú
by: Alexis H. Purcell
Joey, the turkey is sad. He has forgotten how to gobble gobble. He needs his friends’ help.
Give your child a good giggle this Thanksgiving as they help Joey learn how to gobble.
7. ¿Dónde está mi pavo? *
by: Sujatha Lalgudi
Learn about the history of Thanksgiving with a young pilgrim and his pet turkey. Join in on some games such as find the hidden parts of the turkey.
8. Clifford y el Día de Acción de Gracias
By: Normal Bridwell
Who doesn’t love Clifford the Big Red Dog? I bet he’s even more fun in Spanish!
Follow Clifford across many miles to go visit his mama for Thanksgiving!
9. Doy gracias cada día *
By: P.K. Hallinan
Doy gracias cada día is an excellent book for both parents and children learning Spanish, and the perfect introduction to thankfulness.
Related: Seven Ways That I Teach My Toddler Spanish as a Nonnative Spanish Speaker
10. Oso dice gracias
By: Karma Wilson
Join Oso as he thanks his friends over a big meal. What a better way to saying thank you. Oso dice gracias is the perfect children’s book for Thanksgiving!
11. Gracias. El pavo de Thanksgiving
By: Joy Cowley
Papa gets Miguel a turkey to fatten up for Thanksgiving, but he becomes too attached. Find out what happens in this fun Thanksgiving tale.
12. Gracias, Señor Panda *
By: Steve Antony
A great beginning book for babies and toddlers learning how to say thank you in Spanish.
13. Celebra el Día de Acción de Gracias con Beto y Gaby
By: Alma Flor Ada
Learn about the history of Thanksgiving With Gaby and Beto, who have to change their thanksgiving plans due to a huge snowfall. They still figure out how to have a celebration, anyway!
More book lists in Spanish:
- 30+ Best Summer Books in Spanish for Children
- 15 Spanish Fall Books To Read This Otoño
- 24 Winter Books in Spanish
- 18 Spring Picture Books in Spanish for Kids
- 25 Spanish Picture Books To Read This Christmas
- 18 + Traditional Fairy Tales Books in Spanish For Children
- 23 Spanish Children’s Picture Books To Learn the Alphabet
- 30 + Books in Spanish About Emotions
- 17 Ocean Books in Spanish for Kids
- 20 Back-to-School Picture Books in Spanish
- 23 Picture Books About Colors in Spanish
- 30 Spanish Books About Space in Spanish for Kids
14. ¿Pavo para la Cena de Gracias? ¡No, gracias!
By: Alma Flor Ada
A unique story about a spider that helps a turkey find ways to avoid being eaten for Thanksgiving.
I hope you enjoyed this list of 14 Thanksgiving books in Spanish. Make reading a tradition in your family this Thanksgiving, and don’t forget to be thankful—not just on Thanksgiving, but every day!
MORE THANKSGIVING ACTIVITIES IN SPANISH FOR KIDS
- Practice counting with these I Spy Printables in Spanish
- Work with your preschooler on patterns and sequences with this Patrón de pavos activity.
- Practice number recognition with these color by number Thanksgiving pages in Spanish.
- Play a Thanksgiving scavenger hunt in Spanish.
- Print out this Thanksgiving placemat in Spanish to keep the littles entertained at the Thanksgiving table this holiday.
- Find all 15 Thanksgiving-themed words in this Thanksgiving word search printable in Spanish.