Inside this post, you can find a wide selection of children’s picture books to learn Spanish alphabet with your preschooler today.
Lennox is entering his last half-year of preschool before he heads off into kindergarten.
That means I only have a handful of months left to provide him with as much minority language use as I can, and I want to do this by teaching him the foundations of reading and writing in Spanish.
That’s why this month, I will be publishing a series of posts to help your child begin reading and writing in Spanish based on resources that I have found and what has worked for Lennox and me at home.
I will kick this series off with today’s post, a compilation of children’s picture books in Spanish to learn about the Spanish alphabet.
Then, I will make some printables and share some activities to help your child learn their letters and share some resources to embark on your child’s reading and writing journey in Spanish! Stay tuned!
Below, you can find a list of 23 alphabet picture books in Spanish. I have separated them into some categories since I was overwhelmed with the amount of material I found. You can find the following selections in this post:
- Alphabet books in Spanish with a cultural touch
- ABC books about emotions
- Alphabet books in Spanish with a protagonist
- ABCs and animals in Spanish
- and more ABC books
Make sure to check them out and find which book will adhere to your child’s interest!
Afterwards, follow me on Instagram because I am always sharing our book selections since I am slightly book obsessed!
Enjoy this list of alphabet books in Spanish. But, then, let’s get reading and writing!
*This site may contain affiliate links. To real the full disclosure, click here.
Related posts you might enjoy:
- 20+ Fun Ways to Learn the ABCs With Your Preschooler
- Learn the Spanish Alphabet With This ABC Bingo in Spanish
- How to Read to Bilingual Children
Alphabet books in Spanish with a cultural touch
1. El abecedario artístico de Maya
Por: Maya Litwack
This is an artistic book done by a bilingual child herself!
Maya, the bilingual daughter of an Argentine mother and American father, practiced her Spanish alphabet over quarantine. In this book, you can learn the ABCs in Spanish through Maya’s Art. How cool!
Related: The Best Art and Craft Gift Ideas for Preschoolers
2. El ABC de la Comida Puertorriqueña
Por: Lizmer Montalvo Juliá
Learn about culture and the ABCs simultaneously in this Caribbean tale as two grandmothers pass down their recipes made from the staple foods of Puerto Rico.
3. ABeCedarios: Mexican Folk Art ABCs in English and Spanish
Por: Cynthia Weill
Here is another book where you can learn about culture and ABCs together! This time, get a glimpse of Mexican Folk art with these vibrant illustrations.
4. Calavera Abecedario: A Day of the Dead Alphabet Book
Por: Jeanette Winter
In continuation with Mexican culture, learn the ABCs in this Day of the Dead alphabet book!
Related: Day of the Dead Printables in Spanish
Alphabet books in Spanish dealing with emotions
5. Abecedario de las emociones
Por: Rita Poggioli
Emotions are so important to teach to our children to help them better understand themselves. In this book, you can learn a different emotion for each letter of the alphabet!
6. Abecedario de emociones y sentimientos
Por: Yanitzia Canetti
Here is another option to learn about the ABCs simultaneously with emotions! From alegría to zalamería let’s get feeling!
Por: Susanna Isern
Here is one more option to learn about the ABCs through emotions and animals too!
Alphabet books in Spanish with a protagonist
Por: Gilberto Mariscal
Protagonist Lucia chooses a word for each letter of the alphabet in Spanish. For each word she shares a small story.
9. El abecedario de Teseo y Pay
Por: Saúl Delhom
Learn about the ABCs through different modes of transportation with two protagonists, Teseo and Pay.
10. Día a día, letra a letra, de la A a la Z
Por: Begoña Oro
Learn the ABCs through through a funny little girl and her daily routines.
Related: Picture Books About Colors in Spanish
Alphabet books in Spanish about animals
11. Abecedario De Los Animales
Por: Alma Flor Ada
A book filled with animals for each letter of the alphabet and poems to go along.
12. ABC con Nico
Por: Begona Oro and Ester Garay
Nico, the conejo, loves his letters, but he loves something more. Learn what that is while learning the letters too!
More book lists in Spanish:
- 30 + Books in Spanish About Emotions
- 17 Ocean Books in Spanish for Kids
- 18 + Traditional Fairy Tales Books in Spanish For Children
- 20 Back-to-School Picture Books in Spanish
- 18 Spring Picture Books in Spanish for Kids
- 30+ Best Summer Books in Spanish for Children
- 24 Winter Books in Spanish
- 15 Spanish Fall Books To Read This Otoño
- 23 Picture Books About Colors in Spanish
- 12 Zoo Animal Picture Books in Spanish
- 30 Spanish Books About Space in Spanish for Kids
13. ABC Abecedario con Animales
Por: Alex Mills
Entertaining and colorful images of animals to help your little learn the alphabet in Spanish
14. Animal ABC Book in English and Spanish
Por: Soren Pilman
With beautiful and vibrant watercolor images, your children can learn the ABCs, as well as new vocabulary, in Spanish and English with this bilingual children’s picture book.
15. Trazando el abecedario de animales en español
Por: Benjamin Ramirez
Work your child’s fine motor skills in this tracing the alphabet book in Spanish where they will learn about animals too!
Related: Letter J Alphabet Printables in Spanish
More Alphabet Books in Spanish
16. Abecedario solidario: Cuentos con valores
Por: Margarita Ozonas Marcos
In this book, your child will not only learn the Spanish alphabet, but ways they can take care of our planet as well! Super important!
Por: Bill Martin Jr.
The classic children’s book to learn the ABCs now available in Spanish! Learn the ABCs through fun rhymes and phrases.
18. Abecedario. Abrir, bailar, comer y otras palabras importantes
Por: Ruth Kaufman
Here is a different ABC book in Spanish where you can learn the Spanish alphabet through VERBS. That’s right! Abrir, bailer, comer & more common verbs!
19. Mi Abecedario de Posibilidades: Puedes ser lo que tú quieras
Por: Margarita Veliz Muzzall
All children dream of something they want to be or do when they grow up. Let’s give them an ABC of options in this cute “you can be what you want to be” ABC book.
Por: Imma Pla Santamans
This is a super fun book to identify the letters in Spanish and see different ways the letters can hide!
Por: Carmen Gil
In this cute book, each letter of the Spanish alphabet will take on a role in a short story for each letter!
Grab your free printable ABC wall chart in Spanish here!
22. ABC Spanish
Por: Aless Baylis
Pair the Spanish letters with a word in Spanish in this board book, perfect for toddlers.
Related: High-Frequency Words in Spanish
Por: Yanitza Canetti
In this book, your preschooler can learn about nutrition and the ABCs all at the same time!
I hope you found the perfect selection to learn the Spanish alphabet with your preschooler today. Make sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more Spanish book recommendations and bilingual parentings tips!
- Spanish Alphabet Printable With Animal Words for Each Letter
- Learn the Spanish Alphabet With This ABC Bingo in Spanish
- Spanish Reading Resources and Tips for Emergent Readers