Inside this post: 24 beach words in Spanish in printable flashcard form to use in the classroom or at home. Keep reading for fun ways to use these cards!
Summer vacation is here which means there might be some beach trips coming your way.
If so, you might want to prepare your little language learners with common words in Spanish that they can use at the beach!
Maybe they will make a castillo de arena, or jump over las olas en el mar, or maybe even tomar el sol. So fun!
Well today, I am bringing you 24 FREE Spanish beach vocabulary flashcards. You can use these beach words in Spanish in a variety of hands-on ways which you can learn more about further down in this blog post!
Have fun learning about la playa!
Materials needed for these beach words in Spanish flashcards
For these free printable Beach flashcards in Spanish, all you need is:
Simply print the beach words in Spanish pdf file and you are ready to play and learn!
What vocabulary words are included in these beach words in Spanish?
In this kit of vocabulary flashcards in Spanish you will receive 24 common beach nouns that can be found at the beach.
Listed below are the following vocabulary list included in these flashcards.
- La sombrilla– Beach umbrella
- El castillo de arena– Sand castle
- La concha– Seashell
- La palmera– Palm tree
- El velero– sailboat
- La Estrella de mar– Starfish
- La pala– Shovel
- El balde– Bucket
- La playa– beach
- Los lentes de sol- Sunglasses
- La silla– beach chair
- La arena– sand
- El océano– ocean
- Las chanclas– flip flops
- La toalla– beach towel
- El sol– Sun
- La pelota de playa– beach ball
- El faro– lighthouse
- La silla de salvavidas– lifeguard chair
- El traje de baño– bathing suit
- La ola– wave
- El flotador– life float
- La bolsa de playa– beach bag
- La gavoita– seagull
Keep reading for ideas on how to use these beach vocabulary words to use in your classroom or at home today!
Ways to use these beach words in Spanish flashcards
Teachers, are you looking for fun ways to use these beach words in Spanish in your classroom for your upcoming beach unit?
Or maybe you are taking your bilingual child on a trip to the beach and want to nail down all of the Spanish beach nouns.
These beach flashcards in Spanish are a great resource to memorize new Spanish vocabulary words that they can use in a multitude of ways! Check out some fun ways to use them in you classroom or at home today!
- Create a print-rich environment by placing these around the house. Add adhesive magnets to the back of the laminated flashcards and hang them on your fridge or washer.
- Print out multiple sets of these beach words in Spanish and work on sequences and patterns with your preschoolers!
- One of my favorite activities is to print off two sets and use them as a memory matching game. This activity is perfect for younger children to practice language development and memorization skills to connect the spoken word to the image. Make sure every time you flip over a card, you say the name of what’s on it!
- You could also play a fun game by having your child stand on the opposite side of the room as you, or even better outside. First, shuffle the flashcards. Then, lift a flashcard and show your child. Lastly, if they guess it right, they can take a step or hop forward! If they mess up, a step backward! Will they make it to where you are?
- You could play a bilingual game and say the version in English. Have your child repeat it in Spanish and vice versa.
- Use the flashcards as symbols in this beach sensory bin. You could add in some beach figurines to talk about the different beach vocabulary nouns that can be found in the sensory bin.
- If you homeschool, you could create a morning basket, add these flashcards and use them only a daily basis. Have everyone draw a flashcard and discuss that flashcard in Spanish.
- You could place the flashcards face up on a table and see how fast your child can recognize the beach words in Spanish
- Keep these beach words in Spanish in the car so your child can study them as the go down the road, or travel on your trip to the beach!
- Choose from one of these ocean books in Spanish and see if your child can identify and beach items in the book.
- Another fun way is to play Slapjack by placing all of the flashcards face down on a table. Say a word on the list and have your child flip the cards over until they find the correct beach word.
- For reading practice, you could cut the cards in half and use them as puzzles by having your child use their little fingers to match the new words and images with their correct halves.
- While you’re packing for a beach trip, place beach items around the house. Hand your child the flashcards and some tape and have them tape the correct flashcards to the correct objects. Make sure to repeat the beach words in Spanish for practice and memorization!
- A great way to encourage writing practice is to pick a beach word in Spanish and have them write down a memory with that item in a journal. Maybe they will remember throwing a pelota de playa with their uncle, or subiéndose a la silla de salvavidas when they were five-years-old.
- For color practice, go through each beach word in Spanish and have them identify the color. ¿Qué color es el sol? Es amarillo. They can even practice sorting the different words by their colors. Or, you could talk about the colors of your own personal items. ¿Qué color es la bolsa de playa de mama? Etc.
I hope some of these ideas help you to use your beach words in Spanish around the classroom or at home.
If you have a different way to use these cards, let me know me know in the comments below so I can share your ideas with my readers, too!
How to get your free printable Spanish flashcards now
If you are already a subscriber, these free adorable flashcards will make their way to your inbox shortly.
If you are new to Lorena & Lennox, Bilingual Beginnings, or have been shy to subscribe, you can do so at the end of this post. Not only will you receive exclusive access to these fun letter printables in Spanish, but other seasonal and holiday-related activities in Spanish for kids!
To check out what other Spanish activities you can find, click here. If you do not wish to subscribe— I understand. My inbox gets jammed as well— you can purchase these printables for a small charge at my TPT site here. Either way, you are helping to support this blog!!!
More free and paid flashcards to explore:
- 24 Bilingual Spanish/English Emotions Flashcards
- Color Flashcards in Spanish (Free Printable)
- 20 Spring Vocabulary Flashcards in Spanish (Free Printable)
By using resources from my site, you agree to the following:
- This free printable is for personal use and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their free copy)
- This free printable may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- The Graphics that I use are purchased and used with permission.
- I make free printables for my readers and my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads help support my blog! ¡Gracias!
Are you headed to any beautiful beaches this summer? If so I hope these beach words in Spanish encourage more language learning in your family! Let me know if you learned any new vocabulary in. the comments below!
You might also like:
- Beach Sensory Bin for Toddlers
- 17 Ocean Books in Spanish for Kids
- 12 Zoo Animal Picture Books in Spanish