Make learning how to read fun this holiday season with these Christmas color by sight word free printables in Spanish.
In this kit, there are six color by sight word worksheets. Each page has a fun Christmas scene to color.
This engaging Spanish literacy activity is perfect for preschoolers, Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st grade students and all young learners.
Grab your free printable color by sight words in Spanish by subscribing at the bottom of the post.
*This site may contain affiliate links. To real the full disclosure, click here.
Christmas Color by Sight Word Free Printables in Spanish
Children will love working on these colors by sight word worksheets in Spanish. I selected the sight words from this list of free printable high-frequency words. This list includes some of the most commonly used Spanish words found in children’s books.
Once these high-frequency words become memorized by a child, they become sight words, or words immediately recognized upon sight.
These Christmas worksheets will help turn high-frequency words into sight words, which will facilitate teaching children how to read in Spanish.
This free download includes six printable color by sight word sheets in Spanish. Each page has a color code that is matched to a high-frequency word, all in lowercase letters.
This fun activity is a handy no-prep activity that requires little materials and can be done at home, or in the classroom. These pages will make learning how to read and write fun!
All you have to do is subscribe to my newsletter at the end of this post, print out these colors by sight word pages in Spanish and get coloring with your child.
Materials needed for these Christmas Color by Sight Word Free Printables in Spanish
For these color by sight word free printables in Spanish you will only need a handful of supplies.
- 8.5 x 11 printer paper or card stock
- A printer to print out the PDF file.
- Coloring utensils such as crayons, markers or even watercolor paints!
- Your child!
How to use these color by sight words Spanish printable worksheets.
These color by sight word Spanish printables are super easy to use!
Each of the six pages comes with an abstract black and white image. On the top of the page, there is a code matching a particular color to a certain keyword. The code will tell the children which colors to color each high-frequency or sight word.
If your child is new to reading and writing, then these words might not quite be sight words yet, but after this activity, they might just become sight words.
If they are not familiar with these words in Spanish, I recommend discussing the words in each code before each activity, as well as the colors in Spanish that they will use for each word.
You can talk about the word and use it in example sentences.
One way I like to focus on new high-frequency words with my son Lennox is to pick two or three vocabulary words at a time and find them throughout a book.
For example, the other day, we were working with the word “the” in English. As we read an English picture book, I read each sentence and pointed along with my finger. Every time we passed the word “the”, I would emphasize it. Lennox was in awe at how many times it appeared in the book.
Then, we played a game and I asked him to raise his hands every time we passed the word to keep his attention on it.
Now he is very familiar with the word the and it is not one of hisfavorite sight words.
We do this with our books in Spanish, too.
One fun way to learn the sight words in these Christmas color by sight words printables is by choosing one of the following Christmas books in Spanish and do just what I mentioned above!
Then, you can return to the coloring pages, and they will be able to recognize the sight-words with more ease.
Next, with coloring supplies, have them use the correct color to fill in their picture.
After they finish coloring all of the sight words in, they will reveal a fun Christmas hidden picture!
Stay tuned for more Christmas sight word games in Spanish coming soon!
How to get your Christmas color by sight word free printables in Spanish?
If you are already a subscriber, these Christmas color by sight word coloring pages in Spanish will make their way to your inbox shortly.
If you are new to Lorena & Lennox, Bilingual Beginnings, or have been shy to subscribe, you can do so at the end of this post. Not only will you receive exclusive access to these Christmas color by sight words free printables in Spanish, but other seasonal and holiday-related activities in Spanish for kids!
To check out what other Spanish activities you can find, click here. If you do not wish to subscribe— I understand. My inbox gets jammed as well— you can purchase these printables for a small charge at my TPT site here. Either way, you are helping to support this blog!!!
- This free printable is for personal use and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their free copy)
- This free printable may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- The Graphics that I use are purchased and used with permission.
- I make free printables for my readers and my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads help support my blog! ¡Gracias!
More Christmas activities in Spanish to do with your kids
- 25 Spanish picture books with Christmas and winter themes for the kiddos! You can practice the high frequency words found in this activity by spotting them in these books!
- Christmas coloring pages and flashcards, this Christmas word tracing worksheet, or this Christmas scavenger hunt!
- Letter to Santa in Spanish! Write one each year and save them for your child to read when they’re older. See how their Spanish progresses over time.
- Spanish Christmas bingo with 24 Christmas bingo cards with different Christmas vocabulary in Spanish!
- You can do all of these activities and the activities listed below (not in Spanish) while listening to some Spanish Christmas songs, or playing some Spanish Christmas YouTube videos for kids!
For more holiday fun, check out these Christmas activities for kids!
For more hands-on, play-based activities to do this Christmas with the littles, check out some of my following posts below!
- An Easy & Sensory Peppermint Slime Recipe To Make this Christmas!
- Easy Christmas Tree Craft for Preschoolers
- A Sensory and Fine Motor Pomander Activity To Do With Your Kids This Holiday!
- Peppermint Sensory Salt Writing Tray for Preschoolers
I hope you find some fun activities to do this Christmas! Make sure to subscribe to stay in the loop on all of our most recent activities for kids!