Inside: 19 Read aloud Halloween Picture Books in Spanish for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners and beginner Spanish learners of all ages.
There is no better way to close a busy fall day than with a not-so-spooky Halloween tale.
Even better, a not-so-scary Halloween tale in Spanish for your bilingual little!
That’s why today, I am bringing you 17 not-so-spooky Halloween picture books in Spanish!
Reading is one of the best ways to encourage the minority language in a bilingual household, and that’s why this year, I have dedicated one Monday a Month to Library Lunes, where I compile the best of the best books in Spanish for Children.
Once you have your Halloween selection, you can then brush up on your Halloween vocabulary in Spanish with these vocabulary flashcards and coloring pages. Then, read through your book and see if you can find any of the new vocabulary!
Next, you can go on a spooky Halloween scavenger hunt and practice all of your new Halloween words!
Lastly, for some writing practice, use these free Halloween Word Tracing Worksheets in Spanish!
Enjoy, and don’t forget to comment below, letting me know which book your preschooler lovers!
*Bilingual Halloween Picture books that are in Spanish & English
¡A dormir, monstruos!
By: Ed Vere
Learn about how monsters this Halloween with a wonderful bedtime story for children!
2. Sopa de calabaza
By: Helen Cooper
Three friends make a pumpkin soup for dinner every day. They each have their role in making the soup until one day pato decides to change things up.
3. Osito Tito. La Casa Encantada
By: Benji Davies
Tito and his friends are not scared of anything, until they walk into a haunted house. Find out what mysteries they find inside of the haunted house.
4. El día de los muertos *
By: Bob Barner
This is a great bilingual story to teach your child about all of the colorful and fun festivities and traditions of Día de los muertos in this beautiful, lyrical text for children.
Related: Four Free Day of the Dead Printable Coloring Pages for Kids
5. El vampiro Edelmiro
By: Scott Emmons
Edelmiro, the vampire, does not feel well after eating too much meat and decides to change up his diet a bit and finds quite a surprise. With this fun story-in-rhyme, Edelmiro will help your kids try new and healthy foods this Halloween!
6. La viejecita que no le tenia miedo a nada
by: Linda Williams
This book is one of our household fall favorites! 🎃
Read about the little only lady who is not afraid of anything, until one night she has the scare of her life, or does she?
Learn lots of Spanish vocabulary through repetition on la viejecita’s walk through el bosque.
Play a Halloween game with these 30 printable Bingo cards in Spanish for kids!
7. Jorge el curioso va a una fiesta de disfraces *
by H.A. Rey
Jorge el Curioso (Curious George) gets invited to a costume party, but accidentally winds himself up in a table cloth. What might the guests think he is, and will they be scared?
8. Brunilda y Bruno. La calabaza asombrosa
By: Valerie Thomas and Korky Paul
Brunilda loves everything about pumpkins, pumpkin pie, roasted pumpkin, and more. One day she decides to plant some pumpkins, and she has a huge surprise.
Related: 15 Picture Books in Spanish about Fall
9. Los fantasmas no llaman a la puerta
By: Eulália Canal
Bear and Groundhog are great friends, but when Bear invites Duck over for a sleepover, Groundhog is not having it. How will Groundhog spook the evening away?
By: Leslie Patricelli
The perfect book to introduce Halloween and all of the fun traditions to your baby or toddler!
More book lists in Spanish:
- 14 Thanksgiving Books in Spanish for Children
- 25 Spanish Picture Books To Read This Christmas
- 30+ Best Summer Books in Spanish for Children
- 15 Spanish Fall Books To Read This Otoño
- 24 Winter Books in Spanish
- 18 Spring Picture Books in Spanish for Kids
- 18 + Traditional Fairy Tales Books in Spanish For Children
- 23 Spanish Children’s Picture Books To Learn the Alphabet
- 30 + Books in Spanish About Emotions
- 17 Ocean Books in Spanish for Kids
- 20 Back-to-School Picture Books in Spanish
- 23 Picture Books About Colors in Spanish
- 30 Spanish Books About Space in Spanish for Kids
11. ¡Cómo mola tu escoba!
By: Julia Donalds
Take your child on a magical broom ride with and her black cat in this fun and witty children’s book.
12. Froggy y el día de Halloween
By: Jonathan London
You child will get a kick out of Halloween with Froggy, who eats chocolate flies!
13. El primer Halloween de Clifford
By: Norman Bridwell
Who didn’t love Clifford the Big Red Dog as a child? Why not join him on his first Halloween in Spanish!
14. La casa encantada
By: Kazuno Kohara
With this story about a haunted house, help your child overcome their fears of ghosts!
15. Cómo reconocer a un monstruo
By: Gustavo Roldán
Has your child figured out how to identify a monster yet? If not, this adorable book “Cómo reconocer a un monstruo” by Gustavo Roldán is here to save the day!
Learn about all of the characteristics of a monster with these creative and entertaining illustrations!
16. Manual de brujas
By: Mónica Carretero
Doña Amarga sends a letter to her niece and nephew asking if they are ready to learn how to be a witch.
Your children will get a Halloween kick out of this witch manual guide.
17. Cosas de Bruja
By: Mariasole Brusa
This witch is so angry.
Why you might ask? Well, because her hair is blue, and she doesn’t want blue hair like the blue fairy. She wants green or blood-red hair.
She’s so mad that she decides to do something spooky.
18. Un vampiro peligrozo
By: José Carlos Andrés
“This little vampire is very scary! Or rather… ZCARY! To pass his Vampire Test, he must give someone the zcare of their life. If he fails, he’ll be sent to… Banana Peeler School! Can he pull off the biggest scare ever or will he fail the test?”
19. Luna oscura
By: Heidi Moreno
Luna the black cat doesn’t fit in with the rest of the cats due to her black fur and her superstitious beliefs. With the help of her friend toad, Luna goes on a mission to find her forever home and along the way goes through a process of self-discover and empowerment.
Children will love reading this fall-festive tale that will share the importance of acceptance and how everyone deserves to belong!
I hope you enjoyed this list of not-so-spooky Halloween books in Spanish for preschoolers. Drop me a comment below letting me know which book you think your child will love! Don’t forget to subscribe to receive exclusive access to all of our free printables in Spanish!
More Halloween activities in Spanish to do with your kids
- Fire up your printer and print out some of my free Halloween printables like these Halloween themed coloring pages and flashcards, this Halloween word tracing worksheet, or this Halloween scavenger hunt!
- Put the language to test with this interactive Halloween Bingo in Spanish which includes 30 Halloween bingo cards with different Halloween vocabulary in Spanish!
- Practice kindergarten sight words in Spanish with these Halloween sight word coloring pages.
For more Halloween fun, check out these Halloween activities for kids!
For more hands-on, play-based activities to do this Halloween with young children, check out some of my following posts below!
- 25 Halloween Arts and Crafts Activities for Kids
- Halloween Printables for Preschoolers
- 5 Easy Halloween Spider Crafts to Make With Preschoolers